January 1st, 2009
This guacamole is famous from wall-to-wall — in my house! 😉 Rachel used to hate avocados (and guacamole) but ever since I started making her my “Famous” guacamole she has been loving avocados more and more! That is a good thing because I LOVE avocados. In fact, they are probably one of my favorite foods! Now I will divulge my secret recipe — here’s what I do.
- 4 avocados
- 1 large tomato
- 2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground pepper
- juice of 1/2 small lemon
- juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed, then scoop out fruit into a medium bowl.
- Mash avocados with a large utensil until they are at a slightly creamy, but still rustic consistency
- Chop tomatoes into small cubes
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lime juice and chopped cilantro to avocados and stir well
- Add more salt and pepper to taste or even a little chili powder (1/8 teaspoon or more) for a kick.
Serve it with chips or on top of nachos or in burritos. This will make enough for 8 to 10 servings. I hope you enjoy it!